Outreach/Social Services Program
During the past year, over 4,200 services were provided for children and families in need.
Caridad’s Social Services Department dramatically increased the total services we provided for those in need this past year. Our programs for families facing financial insecurities include: providing food assistance, clothing, children & baby supplies, youth education and enrichment support, personal care items, and emergency living assistance. We seek to eliminate the cycle of poverty for the families we serve in South Florida. Below are a few of our highlights from this past year:
- After School Homework Enrichment Program– 47 Caridad children participated in our school mentoring programs. 89% of our kids showed improvement in reading with over 77% remaining on track for promotion per Sunshine State Standards.
- Education & Enrichment Support– 1,197 backpacks/school supplies were distributed to poor disadvantaged children in Palm Beach County.
- College Scholarships– 51 scholarships were awarded to deserving students.
- Food Insecurity– 1,686 food assistance services were provided for those facing hunger including the delivery of hot meals and groceries.
- Housing/Basic Needs– 96 emergency aid assistance programs were provided for families struggling to pay rent and utilities.
- Holiday Programs– 1,831 children and families received gifts during the holiday season.
- Baby and Children – 1,492 baby and children supplies including diapers, formula, and clothing were provided to parents facing financial difficulties.
For more information about our Outreach and Social Services Programs, please contact our Social Services Manager at (561) 737-6336 ext 133, [email protected].