Outreach/Social Services Program
During the past year, over 2,900 children and families in need participated in our social community events..
Caridad’s Outreach Program reflects our holistic approach to helping people in our community by providing food, clothing, personal care items, emergency assistance, and social services to patients and their families. We seek to eliminate the cycle of poverty for the families we serve in South Florida. Below are a few of our highlights from this past year:
- After School Homework Enrichment Program – 47 Caridad children participated in our school mentoring programs. 89% of our kids showed improvement in reading with over 77% remaining on track for promotion per Sunshine State Standards.
- Education & Enrichment Support – 1,000 backpacks/school supplies were distributed to poor disadvantaged children in Palm Beach County. 242 children attended free summer and spring camps.
- College Scholarships – 50 students received college scholarships.
- Food Insecurity – 327 families received gift cards and food for the holidays.
- Housing/Basic Needs – 37 families received housing assistance & 21 received assistance with utilities.
- Holiday Programs – 1,357 children and families participated in the Wellington Christmas Party, Adopt a Family, and Meet Santa Event.
For more information about our Outreach and Social Services Programs, please contact our Social Services Manager at (561) 737-6336 ext 133, [email protected].