Updated COVID 19 Notice – March 19, 2020
Caridad Center is suspending all patient visits in our Medical, Dental, and Eye Clinics, as well as our social services and health education programs until further notice. For Existing Caridad Patients in need of medication refills or emergency dental care, we will accommodate those requests by appointment only by calling the Caridad Hotline at 561-369-0932. We are unable to accommodate walk-ups or any unscheduled visits at this time.
COVID 19 Aviso actualizado – 19 de marzo de 2020
Caridad Center está suspendiendo todas las visitas de pacientes en nuestra clínica médica,oftalmológica y oficina dental así como nuestros servicios sociales y programas de educación para la salud hasta nuevo aviso. Para los pacientes existentes de Caridad que necesitan reabastecimiento de medicamentos o atención dental de emergencia, daremos atención a esas solicitudes con cita previa llamando a la línea directa de Caridad al 561-369-0932. Por el momento no podemos dar atención a visitas sin cita ni visitas no programadas.
Please see links below for valuable information about the COVID 19 Virus:
Outreach/Social Services Program
During the past year, over 2,900 children and families in need participated in our social community events..
Caridad’s Outreach Program reflects our holistic approach to helping people in our community by providing food, clothing, personal care items, emergency assistance, and social services to patients and their families. We seek to eliminate the cycle of poverty for the families we serve in South Florida. Below are a few of our highlights from this past year:
- After School Homework Enrichment Program – 47 Caridad children participated in our school mentoring programs. 89% of our kids showed improvement in reading with over 77% remaining on track for promotion per Sunshine State Standards.
- Education & Enrichment Support – 1,000 backpacks/school supplies were distributed to poor disadvantaged children in Palm Beach County. 242 children attended free summer and spring camps.
- College Scholarships – 50 students received college scholarships.
- Food Insecurity – 327 families received gift cards and food for the holidays.
- Housing/Basic Needs – 37 families received housing assistance & 21 received assistance with utilities.
- Holiday Programs – 1,357 children and families participated in the Wellington Christmas Party, Adopt a Family, and Meet Santa Event.
For more information about our Outreach and Social Services Programs, please contact our Social Services Manager at (561) 737-6336 ext 133, [email protected].